[TRNSYS-users] Successive substitution method

Adrian Riebel Brummer adrianriebel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:41:38 PDT 2022

Dear TRNSYS users,

I have a very specific question about what TRNSYS does "under the hood".

I know that in the "successive substitution" method, the outputs of each
Type are computed in the same order that the Types have in the input file.
The outputs are then imposed as inputs depending on the connections defined
by the user, and the same process is carried out several times until
convergence is achieved.

My question is: when the outputs of a certain Type have been computed, the
inputs of the Types that are lower in the list are updated immediately?? Or
are the inputs of all Types updated at the same time once the outputs of
all Types have been computed??

I hope that you understand my question. It was a little hard to explain,
because it is a very specific topic.

I would be very thankful for your answer.

Kind regards,

Adrian