[TRNSYS-users] Using to pairs of simulation start time and simulation stop time in a project

knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no
Mon Jun 7 00:28:55 PDT 2010

Hello Mehdi,

You can use a forcing function (Type 14) and an equation block to solve
this issue. Step 1: Set the forcing function to output 0 for the hours of
the year you define as winter and 1 for the hours you define as summer.
Step 2: In an equation block with an input variable "Summer" from the
forcing function, define two equations "c_coil_ctrl = Summer" and
"h_coil_ctrl = 1 - Summer". Step 3: Link "c_coil_ctrl" to all control
signals concerning the cooling coil (pumps, fans etc.) and "h_coil_ctrl"
to all control signals concerning the heating coil. This will run the
cooling coil in summer and heating coil in winter.

Best regards,
Knut Erik Enerstvedt

----- Message from mahdi shahrestani <mahdishahrestani at yahoo.com> on Sat,
5 Jun 2010 18:08:23 -0700 (PDT) ----

>Hello everybody

>My project has two main parts, first cooling coil and the second heating
coil. I want to run the cooling coil in summer >and heating coil in
winter.

>As far as I know, start and stop run time in ?control card? are
applicable to all equipment but I need to run cooling part >in summer and
heating parts in winter.