[TRNSYS-users] cooled ceiling

Julie Lestrade lestrade.julie at cedre-sophia.com
Mon Jun 7 05:34:15 PDT 2010

Dear TRNSYS users,

I have a question regarding the modelisation of radiant ceiling (in this case to cool a room). I have found in the TRNSYS manual that we can use a specific layer (called cooled ceiling).

I have some troubles though to figure out what some parameters are about.

For pipe spacing and inside diameters that's quite obvious, same for specific norm power.

- But when you sau "specific norm massflow" is it different from the massflow we can indicate in the "specification" of the roof (ie : the inlet massflow).

- What about the norm area ? Is this supposed to be the area of one radiant panel ? how do you know the number of panels then ? how does it relate to the area of the roof ?

- What about the number of loops ? how is it different from the number of fluid loops that we indicate in the specification (new button that appear in the wall definition window)

- what about the Urwx coefficient ? I've read the help document (also availaible when clicking on info) but I really don't get it ... according to the button we tick, the result is different. Is it a specificity of the radiant ceiling (assuming we have a tipical roof above ?

- what is the influence of the airgap ?

Then, when the modelisation is done, and running, is it possible to know the temperature of the outlet (every hour) as well as the cooling power that it represents ?

thank you for your answer
Best regards

Julie
Julie LESTRADE