[TRNSYS-users] ON/OFF Differential controller

saeid mohammadzadeh s.mohammadzadeh66 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 21:51:11 PDT 2024

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the ON/OFF Differential controller in the PVT
example in TRNSYS. The tank level indicator is from 1 (full) to -1 (lower)
and 0 (in between).
In this example, in order to maintain the level in water in the tank, the
first value is set to zero; the second value is connected to the level
indicator. The upper and lower dead bands are 0.9 and -0.9, respectively.
Can somebody please explain this to me? Since it is against what is
explained about dead bands in the software. (copied below)

"The controller is ON if it was previously ON and Th (Input 1) minus T
(Input 2) is greater than the lower dead band.  Otherwise the controller is
OFF.
The controller is ON if it was previously OFF and Th (Input 1) minus Tl
(Input 2) is greater than the upper dead band.  Otherwise the controller is
OFF."

I have another question, why we should connect ON/OFF Differential
controller to itself again?

*Best Regards*
*Saeid Bina, Dr. (Eng.)*
*Akita University*
*Graduate school of International Resource Sciences*
*.1-1 Tegata gakuen-machi, Akita 010-8502, Japan*