[TRNSYS-users] TRNFLOW

Ali Shahrouzian ALISHAHROUZIAN at cmail.carleton.ca
Thu Oct 20 08:59:22 PDT 2022

Dear all TRNSYS users,

Please ignore my last email.

I am modeling an AHU system in TRNSYS for heating applications of a residential building. To calculate the air flows between thermal zones, from outside the building such as infiltration and due to ventilation system, I am going to use TRNFlow. The main components in the ventilation system are: supply and return fans which can be variable or constant speed, heating coil and ducting system. To model these components in TRNFlow, I need to determine the size and capacity of the heating coil, as well as the head and flow rate of the supply fan.

How can I estimate the capacity of the heating coil and supply fan? Using TRNBuild, should I define first the infiltration, ventilation and ideal heating regimes, and then calculate the building's heating load?

Also, is it possible to connect Type 151 and Type56-TRNFlow? Because, I'm going to set up a VAV system in TRNFlow in such a way that the speed of the supply fan component changes according to the amount of heat required in each thermal zone.

The last question I have is, I would like to know how to estimate the air coupling between thermal zones if I want to evaluate air transfers between them using the "coupling" regime. Are there any equations for this?

Best Regards,
Ali