[TRNSYS-users] TRNFlow

ali shahrouzian ali.shahrouz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 07:15:39 PDT 2022

Dear all TRNSYS users,

Please ignore my last email.

I am modeling an AHU system in TRNSYS for heating applications of a
residential building. To calculate the air flows between thermal zones,
from outside the building such as infiltration and due to ventilation
system, I am going to use TRNFlow. The main components in the ventilation
system are: supply and return fans which can be variable or constant speed,
heating coil and ducting system. To model these components in TRNFlow, I
need to determine the size and capacity of the heating coil, as well as the
head and flow rate of the supply fan.

How can I estimate the capacity of the heating coil and supply fan? Using
TRNBuild, should I define first the infiltration, ventilation and ideal
heating regimes, and then calculate the building's heating load?

Also, is it possible to connect *Type 151* and *Type56-TRNFlow*? Because,
I'm going to set up a VAV system in TRNFlow in such a way that the speed of
the supply fan component changes according to the amount of heat required
in each thermal zone.

The last question I have is, I would like to know how to estimate the air
coupling between thermal zones if I want to evaluate air transfers between
them using the "coupling" regime. Are there any equations for this?

Best Regards,

Ali