[TRNSYS-users] TRNFLOW

Ali Shahrouzian ALISHAHROUZIAN at cmail.carleton.ca
Thu Oct 20 08:44:21 PDT 2022

Dear all TRNSYS users,

I am modeling an AHU system in TRNSYS for heating applications of a residential building. To calculate the air flows between thermal zones, from outside the building such as infiltration and due to ventilation system, I am going to use TRNFlow. The main components in the ventilation system are: supply and return fans which can be variable or constant speed, heating coil and ducting system. To model these main components in TRNFlow, I need to know the quantity of building heating load to determine the head and flow rate of the supply fan as well as the capacity of the heating coil.

How can I estimate the capacities of the supply fan and heating coil? Should I first define infiltration, ventilation and ideal heating regimes in TRNBuild and then estimate the heating loads of the building based on them?

Also, is it possible to connect Type 151 and? Because, I'm going to set up a VAV system in TRNFlow in such a way that the speed of the supply fan component changes according to the amount of heat required in each thermal zone.

The last question I have is, I would like to know how to estimate the air coupling between thermal zones if I want to evaluate air transfers between them using the "coupling" regime. Are there any equations for this?

Best Regards,
Ali