[TRNSYS-users] Wall areas in TRNBuild

ali shahrouzian ali.shahrouz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 13:45:34 PST 2022

Dear TRNSYS users,

Hi,

I have created a 3-zone building using Trnsys3d, and then imported the
generated IDF file into Simulation Studio. During my efforts to modify the
building model in the TRNBuild environment, I noticed that the wall areas
of the zones (in TRNBuild) were not the same as those on the sketchup
software. Despite this, the floors have the same area. As an example, the
south wall area on sketchup and TRNBuild is 30 m*2 and 3.75 m*2
respectively, but the floor area is 113 m*2 on both software.
I would appreciate any assistance in solving my problem.

Best Regards,
Ali