[TRNSYS-users] Type 56 with Type 927

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Sun Nov 28 08:55:35 PST 2021

Orib,

I see from your image that you have 4 thermostats that take information from the building model but don’t have any outputs being used.  What is turning on and off the heat pump and the circulating pumps?

When done correctly, the building should be in temperature level control and there are no “loads” being calculated by the building but rather heating and cooling supplied by the ventilation air inputs from your fan coils.  A controller should watch the tank temperature and turn the heat pump on and off based on the desired temperature for heating/cooling.  The zone thermostats will then turn on and off the pumps circulating water from the tank to the fan coils, and the fan coils themselves, based on the zone temperatures.

If you haven’t already studied it, there is a nice building example that demonstrates how to set up a building for temperature level control.

Jeff