[TRNSYS-users] Model a HYBRID DRY COOLER/Wet-Dry Coolers with Direct Water Spray System

thornton at tess-inc.com thornton at tess-inc.com
Mon Aug 23 10:31:37 PDT 2021

On 2021-08-20 22:23, Victoria Sarai Amador Barraza via TRNSYS-users
wrote:

>  I need to model a HYBRID DRY COOLER/Wet-Dry Coolers with Direct Water
> Spray System (V-Constructed). Could you help me to identify which
> type I need to use?

Victoria,

There is no single component in TRNSYS that I am aware of that models
both a wet cooling tower and a dry fluid cooler together in the same
model.  When we run into these systems we typically use the Type 510
closed circuit cooling tower and the Type 511 Dry Fluid Cooler models
from the TESS HVAC Library add-on to TRNSYS.  We then pipe them in
parallel and use diverting and mixing valves to direct the fluid to the
appropriate device.

Jeff