[TRNSYS-users] Type 539 and 538

Ali Shahrouzian ALISHAHROUZIAN at cmail.carleton.ca
Tue Aug 24 20:13:01 PDT 2021

Dear TRNSYS users,

Hi,

I am trying to model a closed solar loop by using Type 539 (solar collector), Type 91(heat exchanger) and Type 110(variable speed pump).
I am going to set the collector outlet temperature of arbitrary degrees Celsius, for example 80. As it has been explained in the mathematical reference, Type 539 by changing the flow rate is able to reach the user-defined set-point temperature.
In this case, because Type 539 determines the amount of mass flow rate of the solar loop, so it is useless to put a pump in the solar loop.
Now, you can imagine the closed solar loop consists of only 2 components: Type 539 and Type 91, it means that the hot fluid is transferred from Type 539 to Type 91 (HX), and after exchanging the heat it should be returned to the Type 539 to complete the loop.
However, when I directly connect the heat exchanger outlet to the collector inlet, the mass flow rate of the solar loop increases rapidly and reaches its maximum value.

I would appreciate it if anyone could assist me.

Best Regards,
Ali