[TRNSYS-users] Type 39 Parameters (Variable Volume Tank)

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Sat May 16 22:04:18 PDT 2020

Type 39 is written to be as generic as possible - not just a vertical
cylinder geometry. What if your tank is rectangular? Should there be an
entirely new model for that geometry? We thought not so we wrote the
model to be as flexible as possible. Yes - for some configurations, like
the cylinder, you can get cross sectional area from circumference. But
for most others you can't. Type 39 assumes a flat bottom tank with a
uniform cross section with height. If that doesn't fit your needs you
can always modify the source code to create a new model that matches
your geometry - that's the true power of TRNSYS.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
3 N. Pinckney Street, Suite 202, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com