[TRNSYS-users] Type 39 Parameters (Variable Volume Tank)

Adrian Riebel Brummer adrianriebel at gmail.com
Sat May 16 18:59:57 PDT 2020

Dear TRNSYS users,

I have some problems understanding the parameters that I have to provide
for Type 39 - Variable Volume Tank.

I must provide a Cross-sectional Area AND a Tank Circumference. Isn't that
a little bit redundant? I mean, if we assume that the tank is cylindrical
(and I also don't know if it's vertical or horizontal) then we can know the
circumference by knowing the area.

Maybe I am not understanding the shape of the tank. I also think it's weird
to provide a "circumference", I would think it's more logical to provide a
radius instead.

I would be very grateful if you can tell me what does each of these
parameters mean (circumference and cross sectional area) and what is the
actual configuration of the tank (vertical, horizontal, what is the shape,
etc).

Thanks!

Regards,

Adrian Riebel