[TRNSYS-users] Modeling a thick building ground floor

Silvia Cesari csrslv at unife.it
Mon Aug 10 16:14:32 PDT 2020

Dear all,

I need to model a large building
having a ground floor about 1 m thick (since the thickness includes all the
layers, from the foundation up to the floor finishing), as illustrated
below.
My questions are:

   1. Do I have to model the building (in sketchup) by considering the
   external dimensions of the volume as I did for external walls?I mean: if
   the internal height of the building is 3 meters, the external roof is 1
   meter and the ground floor is 1 m >>> I have to create a volume with a
   height of 5 meters?Given that I will define the thickness of the roof and
   of the floor later in TRNBuild?
   2. The floor is at the same level of the ground and the slab is totally
   underground. Can I model this by simply positioning my volume at -1 m along
   the z axis?

[image: 0001.jpg]

Thank you for your very precious support and your attention
Kind Regards,
Silvia

*Silvia Cesari, PhD*

*University of Ferrara | **TekneHub* - Via Giuseppe Saragat 13, 44122
Ferrara, Italy
[phone] +39.3386557711
[skype] silvia.cesari88