[TRNSYS-users] Unspecified error in Type 557b

prasanth s prasanths22 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 06:27:06 PDT 2018

Hello  Mr. Thornton,

thanks a lot for your reply. You are right, setting the number of
simulation years as 10 solves the problem in this case. But I was actually
doing a one-year simulation with parameter 28 as 1. The simulation was very
big and complicated. So, I just simplified the model to discuss this
problem. In actual model, parameterization of *Borehole Heat exchanger* is
same as that in the example. But real-time systems are connected to it (no
constant heat extraction. It depends on heat pump operation). I was doing
Parameter Studies, where I observed that this error occurs mostly if
simulation period is very long (which is now clear because of
parameter 28). But in certain parameter combinations, it occurs in the
first year itself (this also occurs in parameter combination stated in
example model). For example, this error doesn't occur if borehole spacing
is increased to 3. This means that there are also some other parameters or
factor causing this error. I couldn't find any find any similarities
between the parameter combinations in which I am encountering this error.
Let me know any other parameters or factors causes this error.

I will share if I find a solution.

Thanks in advance. Have a nice weekend.

Regards
Prasanth