[TRNSYS-users] Type 534

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Apr 13 13:30:19 PDT 2018

The good news is that I can repeat the error with the Type 534 plug-in
here. The bad news is that I don't know yet what's causing the issue.
But when I simply specify the file in the Files tab of the proforma it
runs fine here in TRNSYS. One thing I did notice was that you are using
the setting for pure water. While that model is able to handle the
temperature dependence of pure water, any downstream components likely
cannot - which can cause energy balance issues. We recommend using the
user-supplied properties option for this reason. We'll look into the
Type 534 plug-in issue and report back.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 04/13/2018 2:19 am, Schranzhofer, Hermann via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> It is just a simple example. Find attached the data file and the studio file. TRNSYS Version is 17.02.0004.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hermann.
>
> VON: TRNSYS-users [mailto:trnsys-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] IM AUFTRAG VON Jeff Thornton via TRNSYS-users
> GESENDET: Donnerstag, 12. April 2018 18:34
> AN: TRNSYS users mailing list at OneBuilding.org <trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org>
> CC: Jeff Thornton <thornton at tess-inc.com>
> BETREFF: Re: [TRNSYS-users] Type 534
>
> Send us your data file and we'll take a look at it. Which TRNSYS version are you using? Are you supplying the correct data file name on the files tabk of the proformaa?
>
> Jeff
>
> ---
> Jeff Thornton
>
> President - TESS LLC
>
> 22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
>
> Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
>
> www.tess-inc.com [2]
>
> E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com
>
> On 04/12/2018 10:27 am, Schranzhofer, Hermann via TRNSYS-users wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to use the TESS storage tank model Type 534 for some simulations. What I need is stratified inlets. As far as I can see this is not possible with the proforma without plugin (the parameters are locked).
>>
>> So I tried my best with the plugin. Configuration is no problem but if I press the OK button in the plugin a message appears telling me "Problem reading cycle number iteration".
>>
>> If I start the simulation anyway I get the Fatal Errors below:
>>
>> *** Fatal Error at time : 0.000000
>>
>> Generated by Unit : 6
>>
>> Generated by Type : 534
>>
>> Message : The storage tank model was unable to read the parameter values from the supplied data file. Please check the location and format of this data file carefully.
>>
>> *** Fatal Error at time : 0.000000
>>
>> Generated by Unit : Not applicable or not available
>>
>> Generated by Type : 534
>>
>> TRNSYS Message 105 : A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll. A dummy subroutine was called in its place. Please link the TYPE or remove it from the input file
>>
>> Reported information : Reported by LinkCk
>>
>> Is there any help for this problem?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hermann.

Links: