[TRNSYS-users] Flow convergence Problem

Javier Vega via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Jun 27 09:42:21 PDT 2017

​
 Solar Preheating of Air DHW Flow Sensibility G ...
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxtDShQnkxCVRmR3X1ZsNFJXNXc/view?usp=drive_web>
​Hello TRNSYS users,

I'm having a convergence problem with a symple hydronic system. I have a
Type 538 Solar Collectors model that sets the flow of its circuit. I have
its outputs connected to a Type 11f to separate the flow to a Water Storage
tank Inmersed Heat Exchanger or to a different external Heat Exchanger. The
flow is later mixed again in a Type 11h.

Even if I set the Control Signal of the Type 11f to 0, so the entire flow
goes only to the Storage Tank, aound 6-7% of time Type 11f fails to
converge. It sometimes sets the outlet flow to 0 on both directions when it
is recieving flow from the collectors.

I'm attaching the project file, I have some unusual control signals on some
involved components but the problem persists even if I simplify it.

Also, I have a virtually equal system modelled for Space Heating and  I
haven't the problem there. So I don't really know how to treat it.

I hope you can advice me to solve this. Thanks in advance,
Javier Vega
Universidad de Concepción