[TRNSYS-users] logic controls for DHW and buffer tanks

Dashamir Marini via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Sat Jul 1 09:53:23 PDT 2017

Dear TRNSYS user,

I'm trying to model an heat pump system that should charge a DHW and a buffer tank (please see the diagram below).
The idea is that heat pump always first  (when there is demand) should charge  the DHW tank and later the buffer tank for space heating.
How I can build a logic expression like this:

Let say that I have two signals coming from tank 1 and tank2 .
The logic control should be:
 if the signal from tank1  = 1 (tank1 temp < t setpoint) then the diver valve (Type647)  circulate all water flow at tank1;
if the signal from tank1 =0 and signal from tank2 =1 ((tank2 temp < t setpoint) then the divert valve circulate all water flow at tank2;

so the logic is that heat pump through diverting valve Type 647 first should charge the DHW tank  (tank534 coiled 2 ) and after if there is no need to charge DHW tank then the divert valve should sent all water flow rate to the  buffer tank Type534.

How it can be developed that control logic in TRNSYS?

Thank you in advance

D Marini

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2F290.5200EB10]