[TRNSYS-users] logic controls for DHW and buffer tanks

Jeff Thornton via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Sat Jul 1 13:06:04 PDT 2017

Use a few simple equations in the calculator component. Let's call the thermostat signal for the DHW tank Y_DHW and the thermostat signal for the buffer tank Y_BUFFER.  One of the signals has to be one and the other zero at all times. So we then have the signals for the diverting valve as:

Y_Diverter_1 = Y_DHW
Y_Diverter_2 = 1-Y_DHW

And the pump signal would be:

Y_PUMP = MAX(Y_DHW , Y_BUFFER)