[TRNSYS-users] Matlab calling multiple projects from Trnsys

Eunice Herrera via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Apr 13 05:10:28 PDT 2017

Hello trnsys users,

Currently i am working in a large-scale control framework which involves
several buildings. Each of these buildings has its own controller. The
controllers and management of the whole network are developed in Matlab.

I have some questions.

The first one is: A trnsys project can have more than one buiding? That is,
several Type 56 within the same file?

Second question: As the control management of the building network is
developed in Matlab, the Trnsys engine must be called by Matlab. How can I
accomplish this? Until now, I have been working in the other direction,
that is, Trnsys calling Matlab using the Type 155.

Also, I have to figure out how to call multiple projects (if only one
Type56 is allowed by project) from Matlab online. It is worth noting that
Matlab is passing control actions to the buildings.

I would appreciate your help.

Eunice