[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS counter function

Angel Carrera via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Nov 14 01:54:40 PST 2016

Hi,

not sure if I understood right, but I think I use the input value recall
for essentially the same problem: pass the condition (heat and ambient
temperature under your limit) to type 93 as a 0/1, and sum the outcome of
the number of time steps necessary to reach "a certain time". If the sum is
equal to the required value, trigger the defrost condition. Hope it helps,
regards

Angel

trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org>:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am trying to figure out a way to model a defrost timer on as air source
> heat pump. To do so, I would have to set up a counter that would activate a
> defrost cycle (force heat pump into cooling mode) after the heat pump has
> been working in heat mode and the outside temperature is below a certain
> limit for a certain amount of time.
>
> I have tried using Type 1233, but this component does not wait before
> triggering the output, it rather starts right away when the conditions are
> met, then is stuck in OFF position for a certain amount of time.
>
> Any help with this issue would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Olivier Quevillon
>
> Étudiant à la maîtrise en Génie Mécanique
> École de Technologie Supérieure

Àngel Carrera Martín
Consultor sènior en Sistemes
Llicenciat en ciencies físiques
Sistemes Avançats d'Energia Solar Tèrmica - AIGUASOL

           +(00) 34 663 276 680   Roger de Llúria 29, 3r 2a
*angel.carrera at aiguasol.coop* <angel.carrera at aiguasol.coop>   08009
Barcelona
              angel_aiguasol   Tel: (+34) 933 424 755
                              www.aiguasol.coop