[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS counter function

via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Sat Nov 12 19:17:51 PST 2016

Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out a way to model a defrost timer on as air source heat pump. To do so, I would have to set up a counter that would activate a defrost cycle (force heat pump into cooling mode) after the heat pump has been working in heat mode and the outside temperature is below a certain limit for a certain amount of time.

I have tried using Type 1233, but this component does not wait before triggering the output, it rather starts right away when the conditions are met, then is stuck in OFF position for a certain amount of time.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Olivier Quevillon

Étudiant à la maîtrise en Génie Mécanique
École de Technologie Supérieure