[TRNSYS-users] Using TESS to simulate the solar collector system

qin.jiyun@foxmail.com via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Sat Nov 12 05:01:05 PST 2016

Dear someone,

I'm working on simulating a Parabolic Trough and a Evacuated Tube collector systems by using Solar Library (TESS). However, I have a problem about the Weather data reading.

In the Evacuated Tube solar simulation, I using Type15-6 to read tha weather data. The "Tracking Mode" is set to "1". However, for the Parabolic Trough simulation, should I still use the Type15-6 as Weather data reading? As I want to simulate the N-S axis tracking mode, how can I set the "Tracking Mode" for the Type15? Setting "2" or "3"?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Jiyun Qin

qin.jiyun at foxmail.com