[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS counter function

via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Nov 14 07:46:23 PST 2016

Thank you for your answer Angel,

I've already looked at this component but it does not seem to work as I would want.

I see that I was unclear with what I intented to do:

Basically, I want to wait about 45 minutes before triggering the Defrost signal to confirm the conditions for defrosting are met during this time lapse (Heating signal and temperature below about 6 °C).

However, if during those 45 minutes of waiting, the conditions change (No heating signal or temperature rises), I want to be able to reset the counter and start again when the conditions are met.

In Matlab or Python, I would do that with a "While" loop, for example.

With Type 93, I have to look at all the timesteps of those 45 minutes . I could however add en equation that would calculate the average signal during the 45 minutes and trigger the defrost signal. I will need to look into how to do this. I am running a 0.01h timestep, meaning 75 timesteps to evaluate.

I hope this clarifies what I intend to do.

Olivier Quevillon

Étudiant à la maîtrise en Génie Mécanique
École de Technologie Supérieure