[TRNSYS-users] TYPE 927 Water to Water HP

bridjesh gautam via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Nov 2 12:57:30 PDT 2016

Dear TRNSYS Users,

I am trying to use either TYPE 927 or 1221 in combination with unglazed
solar collectors and have some questions. If you have any experience with
W-W HP components, I would love to hear from you.

*1. Calculation of COP and Power *

For some reason, when I input load temperature ,source temperature and flow
rate exactly as listed in heating performance file, the COP and power
consumption calculated by the component is different than the values
entered in the data file.

*Example *
A line of  example heating data file reads: (pre-installed example)
(Heating capacity =30000, Heating power=6000)

0.9007 0.6731 !Normalized Capacity and Normalized Power at 1, 1, 15.556[C],
-1.1111[C]

But when I put input load temperature 15.556  , source -1.11, input and
output mass flow = 1440 ( 0.4 l/s ,rated) , the model calculates Power and
COP  as 5961 kJ/hr and 4.59, when clearly the input file shows power to be
(0.67*6000), which is not at all equal to what model calculates. COP values
are different too. For all these I just used Type 927 with no change and
the file is attached.

*So my question is, am I understanding everything wrong or are there some
bugs in the code itself ? *

I hope, someone will be kind enough to answer me.

Your's
Khem Gautam
Masters student
Aarhus University, Denmark.