[TRNSYS-users] Temperature-control of surfaces

via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Jul 19 07:59:43 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I would like to set the inner temperature of a wall at a constant value.
However it doens't work. Here are my steps in order to do that:
1. I create a room with SketchUP, defining the walls as "EXT WALL"
2. In TRNBUILD, I choose the "to be temperature-controled wall", and
define the "surf-gain inside". In this cell, I create a new input:
INPUT001. So the inner gain surface is : I=1*INPUT001
3. I put the inner surface temperature of the wall as an output
4. In TRNSYS, I create a type-23 module (PID control) and link it to the
TYPE 56.
       from TYPE23 to TYPE56: Control signal = INPUT001
       from TYPE56 to TYPE23: TSI of the controlled wall = Controlled
variable
5. The Setpoint of the TYP23 is set at 20.

However, you already understood that if I sent this message it's because
it doesn't work. I thought that the TYPE23 would adjust the inner gain
in the surface in order to get 20°C on it. But the results say that
nothing seems to control the temperature of the inner wall (the
temperature still reacts like the air temperature).

What I already tried:
- Change the Wall type and set it on "BND WALL" or "ADJ WALL" it doesn't
work

A few years ago, I was able to temperature-control any wall but I
definitely don't remember how. Any clue?

Thanks in advance

Wirich