[TRNSYS-users] Wind velocity in TYPE-56

Alastair McDowell via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Jul 21 21:11:32 PDT 2016

Hi Adnan,

Further to Jakob’s reply, I have done some experiments on a real building to determine the relationship between infiltration rate and wind speed. I found for this particular building a very linear relationship between the two variables. I performed a gas tracer decay experiment to calculate the infiltration rates at various wind speeds. Once you have an idea of the magnitude of infiltration rates for several wind speeds, you can use wind speed as an input to the infiltration in TRNBuild using your derived linear coefficients. And similarly for the convective heat transfer rates on the external walls.

Let me know if you want any further advice on your particular project.

Kind regards,
Alastair McDowell
Engineering Consultant
Energy Analysis & Engineering – Enabling innovation for a sustainable future
T: +61 450 600 842