[TRNSYS-users] Type194 Parameter Questions

Easterling, Ashley J via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Jul 20 07:35:48 PDT 2016

I am modeling a solar array using Type 194. The weather file (Type 109-TMY2) is supplying an appropriate amount of incident radiation (~1000 W/m^2 in the summer in Richmond VA). However, when I connect to Type 194, the solar panel outputs a maximum of ~100 W/m^2. I have 2 questions:

1) Increasing the array area is not increasing the output. Can anyone explain why that might be?

2) What is parameter 20 (value of parameter I_L at reference conditions)? Increasing it increases output.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ashley