[TRNSYS-users] Optimisation for TRNSYS

Dr Yi Zhang yi at jeplus.org
Wed Feb 24 11:51:04 PST 2016

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am trying to gauge the interest of an optimisation tool for TRNSYS in this
group. I have heard about TRNOPT and MULTIOPT, though never seen them in
action myself. So the first question is, is there any need for another tool
for the same purpose?

jEPlus (www.jeplus.org) has implemented support for TRNSYS parametrics since
version 1.4. The latest development has added the RVX file to TRNSYS
projects, so that sophisticated result collection and post processing (inc.
using Python script) can be specified, along with the definition of penalty
and fitness functions. This enabled TRNSYS projects to work with jEPlus+EA,
the EA-based multi-objective optimisation package (see
http://www.jeplus.org/wiki/doku.php?id=docs:jeplus_ea:start). The basic
mechanism is working. However, since I am not a TRNSYS user, the next stage
of development will require your help.

So my next question is, is here anyone who is willing to help with this
development? What you need to do is essentially test driving the tool with a
realistic problem, and tell me what works and what doesn't. As a return, you
will get the tool for free always.

Please get in touch if you are interested!

Best regards,

Yi

Dr Yi Zhang, PhD CEng MCIBSE MASHRAE

Director