[TRNSYS-users] connection between type 194, 48c and 47b

Sandeep Singh Chahal chahals at uab.edu
Thu Feb 25 11:50:05 PST 2016

Hello TRNSYS users,

I am trying to charge a battery bank with solar power. Following components are being used:

1. type 194 ( photovoltaic panel)

2. type 47b( battery)

c. type 48c ( controller)

Problems that I am facing

1.when I connect type 194 through type 48c(controller), battery state of charge remains zero and all other property.

can someone please clear following questions:

1. Is it appropriate to connect type 194 output: Power at maximum power point ( which is Watts converted into KJ/h)  to   type 48c as input power?

2. I am using TRNSYS 17.01.0028, is there any example with controllers and batteries.

reference : http://lists.onebuilding.org/htdig.cgi/trnsys-users-onebuilding.org/2016-January/027814.html

3. suggestion regarding proper combination of battery, controller and PV panel?

I will greatly appreciate any help!

Sandeep Chahal