[TRNSYS-users] Type534 - Problem with the plugin

Marco Scarpellino via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Fri Dec 30 03:03:27 PST 2016

Good morning,

I am trying to model a stratified tank and I would like to do it using the
type534 included in the TESS libraries.
I encountered a problem while I was opening the plugin to define the tank
configuration.
Please find attached 2 screenshots representing what I got when I tried to
open the plugin from simulation studio or from the *.exe file in the
installation folder.

I am not able to understand how to modify the *.dat file to get the
configuration I have to simulate.

Also, searching in the TRNSYS newsletter archive, I found out that this is
a common issue for this component and it is not simple to be solved. If
this is correct: could you please generate the *.dat file for me?
Please find attached a sketch of the tank that I should model. It has six
ports (3 inlets + 3 outlets) and no heat exchangers. The flow rate is 20
m³/hr for all the ports and fluid is water.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

Marco Scarpellino