[TRNSYS-users] Uvalue

adnan rasheed adnan.upm.spain at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 04:12:44 PDT 2016

hi everyone,

i have one question i am stuck with this problem.

1- i want heating a room having one window, by using type 56

inside temp = 10, 20, 30,....

dry bulk temp= ambient  temp = outside = 0

sky temp = 0 and -20

i wanna see the change in overall heat transfer coefficient = u-value of
glazing (window) by changing inside temperature using this equation

U = Q / A(T) where
U = U-value
q= convective and radiative heat loss
A = Area of window
T = ambient and inside temp difference.

i get results but TRNSYS giving me almost the same value of U for all temp
difference. trend is not same as experimental U-value trend according to
change in inside temp.

anyone please help me with this is it possible to calculate U-value of
window like this. or trnsys use fix U-value for the calculation of heat
load.

thanks in advance. for killing your time.

Regards
Adnan