[TRNSYS-users] Uvalue

hotline hotline at Transsolar.com
Wed Apr 20 07:02:25 PDT 2016

Dear Adnan,

your approach makes sense to me. TRNSYS does calculate heat transport for each time step and is not using a fixed U-Value.
Which TRNSYS outputs did use for q= convective and radiative heat loss ?
I guess that using a wrong output could have coused your problem…

Sincerely yours
Jakob Merk
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jakob Merk
TRNSYS Software Team

Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH
Curiestraße 2
70563 Stuttgart
Fax:        +49 711 67976-11
Email:    hotline at transsolar.com<mailto:hotline at transsolar.com>
Web:      www.trnsys.de<http://www.trnsys.de/>

Von: TRNSYS-users [mailto:trnsys-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] Im Auftrag von adnan rasheed
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. April 2016 13:13
An: trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Betreff: [TRNSYS-users] Uvalue

hi everyone,

i have one question i am stuck with this problem.

1- i want heating a room having one window, by using type 56

inside temp = 10, 20, 30,....

dry bulk temp= ambient  temp = outside = 0

sky temp = 0 and -20

i wanna see the change in overall heat transfer coefficient = u-value of glazing (window) by changing inside temperature using this equation

U = Q / A(T) where
U = U-value
q= convective and radiative heat loss
A = Area of window
T = ambient and inside temp difference.

i get results but TRNSYS giving me almost the same value of U for all temp difference. trend is not same as experimental U-value trend according to change in inside temp.

anyone please help me with this is it possible to calculate U-value of window like this. or trnsys use fix U-value for the calculation of heat load.

thanks in advance. for killing your time.

Regards
Adnan