[TRNSYS-users] Simulate RAPS system in TRNSYS

Asma Mohamad Aris s3398776 at student.rmit.edu.au
Wed Dec 2 01:20:21 PST 2015

Dear users,

I am quite new here and I am trying to simulate a solar-hydrogen/battery
system that comprise of photovoltaic (PV) panels, PEM fuel cell, PEM
electrolyser and battery. I am currently having trouble to assign the
appropriate controller to the system for example:

1. To charge the battery when there is excess energy from the solar.

2. To generate hydrogen when the battery's SOC is low.

3. To turn on the PEMFC when the battery's SOC is low and hydrogen level is
high.

Based on the example exists in TRNSYS, the system is using a Master
Controller (type 105a ) but apparently the system I am using does not have
diesel generators or wind generators.

Also, if I need to use the 'Equation' in the simulation, how can I
translate the if-else statement in TRNSYS (for instance, how do I use the
MAX, MIN, AND, and etc. statement to reflect the conditions above?).

Apology for my questions as I have read the manual and searching for
relevant papers/examples online about this but I still could not find
reliable resources that can assist me on this matters.

Your kind response would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Asma

--
Regards,
Asma

*Asma Mohamad Aris*
PhD Student
School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (SAMME),
RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.