[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS-CONTAM-TYPE98

Donya Sheikh Khan donya_sh at msn.com
Thu Oct 16 11:26:13 PDT 2014

Hi

I'm a student at Aarhus University in Denmark. I'm trying to create a
Contam model, where I have a section of a building with an atrium, where I
want to use natural ventilation during summer to ventilate the rooms.

I use Contam3.1 and TRNSYS 17 to couple Type56 and Type98 with each other.
The coupling is going as planned. I have used constant controllers in
Contam to get manual inputs, so I can vary the opening area of my paths.
When I manually set the inputs from the controllers to have a value (e.g.
1) in Type98 everything is well (I get values of the flow), and when I try
to connect it to an equation with a constant value, I still have a flow.
But when I connect the input values to an equation with a variable value
(e.g. from 1 if the outdoor temperature is 17C and above and 0 otherwise) I
don't get any flow (looking over 8760 hr) - it is as if it can't read
variable values.

Now when I copy everything but just use Type97 instead of Type98 and use a
variable input value for the controller I get a flow. The only thing is, I
get a convergence error because the Type56 isn't converging. This gives me
some pretty huge errors when I compare my TRNSYS-Type98 model with
TRNSYS-Type97 model.

My questions is, I really want to use Type98, is there any way I can fix
the problems with the model not accepting variable input-control-signals?
and if nothing can be done, how can I fix the convergence problem?

--
Regards
Donya Sheikh Khan

--