[TRNSYS-users] Gain differences

Marion Hiller Hiller at Transsolar.com
Thu Nov 6 07:08:04 PST 2014

Dear Masood,

a wall gain is gain into surface node of a wall.

Gain defined by the gain type amanger consists of convective part which
is transferred immediately to air node and a radiative part which is distributed to all surfaces of the zone.
Thus they can't have the same impact on the air temperature.
For checking a balance you can use the balance output.

Marion
Von: TRNSYS-users [trnsys-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org]" im Auftrag von "Masood Mobarak [masood.mobarak at yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. November 2014 09:16
Bis: TRNSYS users mailing list at OneBuilding.org
Betreff: [TRNSYS-users] Gain differences

Dear all,

i have two question about gain and i didnt find any answer in the manuals:

1. What is the difference between gain from a wall and gain from gain type manager ?

When I activate a suface gain inside a wall the temperature of my room rises for example 5°C but when i activate gain from the gain type manager the temperature rises 10°C although the gain have the same value.

2. I am trying to understand TRNSYS better. When I activate a gain the temperature rises for example 10°C.
I want to check if the result is correct so I calculate the heat that is necessary to rises the temperature for 10°C with the following formula:

Q = A*u*delta T

I calculate the heat for all walls and the sum of them must be the gain value.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Masood Mobarak