[TRNSYS-users] Gain differences

Masood Mobarak masood.mobarak at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 00:16:21 PST 2014

Dear all,

i have two question about gain and i didnt find any answer in the manuals:

1. What is the difference between gain from a wall and gain from gain type manager ?

When I activate a suface gain inside a wall the temperature of my room rises for example 5°C but when i activate gain from the gain type manager the temperature rises 10°C although the gain have the same value.

2. I am trying to understand TRNSYS better. When I activate a gain the temperature rises for example 10°C.
I want to check if the result is correct so I calculate the heat that is necessary to rises the temperature for 10°C with the following formula:

Q = A*u*delta T

I calculate the heat for all walls and the sum of them must be the gain value.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Masood Mobarak