[TRNSYS-users] Transition from Trnsys 16 to Trnsys 17

marcello.caciolo at cofelyaxima-gdfsuez.com marcello.caciolo at cofelyaxima-gdfsuez.com
Fri Oct 12 00:36:44 PDT 2012

Dear Chun Kwong,

Trnsys 17 is compiled in IVF. You should not have any problem to shift to it (I shifted to Intel Visual Fortran last week :-)

For your old components, you can still use them, as TRNSYS 17 assures compatibility with TRNSYS 16 (and even with TRNSYS 15) components. In particular, INFO array still exists and can be used. However, for new components, TRNSYS 17 offers you new access functions which make the code more comprehensible. I think that use of access functions instead of INFO array is recommended in TRNSYS 17.

Just a warning for your old components you compiled in CVF: IVF is more rigorous in many situations than CVF was, i.e. IVF makes controls in array dimensions passed to a subroutine, it does not like when you call directly a function with the call command, it does not like when you pass a constant to a subroutine for a variable that is changed by the subroutine etc... Thus, shifting to IVF can demand to change slightly some components and to check that they work properly.

Best regards,

Marcello Caciolo
Responsable Outils et Méthodes d'Analyse Energétique

Cellule Efficacité Energétique et Environnementale - Pôle Projets et Réalisations
46 Boulevard de la Prairie au Duc
BP 40119 - 44201 Nantes Cedex 02
Tél.: +33 02 40 41 06 57
marcello.caciolo at cofelyaxima-gdfsuez.com
Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message