[TRNSYS-users] Need helps to solve the absorption chiller (Type677) issue

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Mon Feb 20 05:53:01 PST 2012

Billy,I looked at your listing file, and I noticed other important things about your simulation. First of all, the timestep you are using is much too large. You will notice in the TESS HVAC Solar Absorption example, the timestep is 5 minutes (note the equation in the control cards to implement this) in order to consider the control decisions and flow rates during that timestep. When using a large timestep, an extraordinary amount of fluid is being sent through your system, and if you are not simulating adequate capacitance or storage in that loop, it will lead to components not converging. Also, please note the other warnings at the end of your listing file about the independent variables being above or below the specified range in the performance data files. The TRNSYS data interpolation routine does not extrapolate, so if you send it an independent variable that is not within the specified range, it will use the dependent variable at that end(or beginning) of the range and!
  not extrapolate.Best regards,Matt Duffy----- Original Message -----From: "Billy Chen" >;coolbilly1999 at gmail.com