[TRNSYS-users] Need helps to solve the absorption chiller (Type 677) issue

Billy Chen coolbilly1999 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 15:22:53 PST 2012

Hi TRNSYS users,

I am building an absorption chiller model for a medium office, and I used
the similar components from the TESS example (Restaurant with absorption
chiller). However, when I ran the simulation, I got tons of warnings (from
SYS Message 441), and the simulation terminated because it exceeded the
limit of warnings. The warning said as below:

*** Warning at time       :      3717.000000
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
    TRNSYS Message    441 : The inputs to the listed units have not
converged at this timestep. The values at the last iteration will be used
and the simulation will proceed.
    Reported information  : UNITS: 12  13  18

UNIT 12 is Type 677 double effect chiller
UNIT 13 is Type 144 pump
UNIT 18 is Type 697b cooling coil

I checked the input units and I can't figure out the problem. Could someone
give me some advice?

And I also found out a problem when I ran the TESS Restaurant example, the
chilled water outlet temperature is always going up over 100 degree C. But
the temperature from the air temperature  from cooling coil looks
reasonable. It confuses me a lot. Does anyone find this problem before and
have any suggestion on that?

I attached the LST file and the plot for the chiller water temp. I really
appreciate any help.

Best regards,

Billy