[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS error 300

torres.carlos-moises at lte.ireq.ca torres.carlos-moises at lte.ireq.ca
Thu Sep 29 12:50:36 PDT 2011

Dear all,

Whenever I ry to run a type 56 simulation in TRNSED I am given the following error even though the same program runned perfectly in TRNEdit

 ***** ERROR *****        TRNSYS ERROR # 300
 UNABLE TO START PROGRAM IN CALLPROGRAM UTILITY
 PLEASE CHECK PATH AND PROGRAM NAME, THIS MAY BE A PROBLEM IN TYPE 66

*** Fatal Error at time   :         0.000000
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
    TRNSYS Message    300 : The TRNSYS Program attempted to evaluate an EQUATION that raised a negative number to a non-integer value. Please check the EQUATION formulation and re-run the simulation
    Reported information  : Not available

the message is not very helpfull and I don't even use Type 66 in my simulation and I checked all my equations and nothing obvious comes to view.

Is there any known solution to this problem? If need be I can send you the files im using.

Thank you

Carlos Torres
Stagiaire universitaire
Laboratoire des technologies de l'énergie (LTE)