[TRNSYS-users] Simulation of false ceiling: influence on inertia

Joke De Beuckelaer joke.d at vkgroup.be
Fri Oct 14 01:44:56 PDT 2011

Dear all,

Can anyone help me what's the best way to simulate a suspended false ceiling?

The goal is to simulate a class room where the comfort is assured by using night ventilation. However for acoustic reasons we need a false ceiling.
I want to know the percentage of suspended false ceiling is possible in order to have still enough inertia from the concrete ceiling.

Is the best way just to define two different types of ceiling (1. A concrete ceiling and 2.a false ceiling (concrete + air layer + false ceiling)) or has anyone another idea?

Is it possible to draw for example some obstructions in Google sketch up and then to define 3 air nodes in trnsys. One air node above the suspended false ceiling; one air node in the middle of the room and one air node representing the opening window?
Will it take into account the less availability of the inertia of the concrete ceiling?

Hoping for an answer,

Joke De Beuckelaer
project engineer mep

VK     HEALTHCARE      |      BUILDINGS      |      INDUSTRY      |      INFRA

Value by design

VK ENGINEERING  Avenue Clemenceaulaan 87, 1070 Bruxelles Brussel, Belgium
t   +32 2 414 07 77   f  +32 2 414 04 98   m  +32 473 97 01 50   e   joke.d at vkgroup.be   w   www.vkgroup.be

 ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GREAT PEOPLE
****DISCLAIMER****
This communication is confidential and for the sole useof the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient,
please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown and then delete it from your system
without copying, disclosing or forwarding its contents. Thank you.