[TRNSYS-users] problem of IDF File from Sketchup8 in TRNBUILD

Pauline GELIN p.gelin at katene.fr
Wed Mar 30 06:21:13 PDT 2011

(SketchUp 8 (with some hours on Sketchup Pro eval), Operating system:Windows Vista)

>From a 2D plan created in Nova, I had to create in 3D each zone/room separated to, after, copy them in one different trnsys3d zone for each.
After I had to identify each adjacent wall between all the rooms.
Then, I saved a IDf File and wanted to import it in TRNBuild.

There was this following message :
"Zone: ARCH 1 Airnode: ARCH1 (it is the nam of one of my rooms)
Wall must have an active layer or chilled ceiling layer or must be adjacent to a different zone
ADJ_WALL Surf 13
"

I don't understand what this means because this room includes 3 external walls and only one adj_wall.
And as on Sketchup we can't identify several adjacent rooms, I linked this adj_wall with the room with the most common surface which is even not 13m².

Is there anyone who can tell me what I can change to succeed my import ?

Thank you so much for your help.

Best Regards,

Pauline Gelin