[TRNSYS-users] Type 56 Zone Air Capacitance

Devin Rohan drohan at purdue.edu
Sun Jun 26 08:32:05 PDT 2011

I have a single zone office with a concrete slab and non-massive walls.  I
only seem to get good agreement between TRNSYS and a 1D finite difference
model I built when I increase the Zone Air capacitance into the thousands
(4000-6000 kJ/K).  Other wise, TRNSYS's air temperature varies wildly and
unrealistically with the ambient temperature and there's no thermal lag from
the concrete.  Is this high of value for the zone air capacitance ok?

--
Devin M. Rohan, LEED Green Associate
Purdue University
drohan at purdue.edu