[TRNSYS-users] Type534 Tank with Internal Heat Exchanger - CoilPitch parameter doesn't affect outputs

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Jun 23 11:27:50 PDT 2011

<I have modeled an internal heat exchanger in Type534 in TRNSYS17 (the
version without the plugin). It seems to be working great besides one
issue. It seems the parameter "Coil Pitch" does not affect the outputs at
all. I tried using various values from 0 inches to 10000 inches with no
effect whatsoever on heat transfer through the HXs. All the integrated
outputs are identical.     Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so,
is the parameter not being used in the source code or am I missing
something? >

Nick,

The coil pitch is used in the heat transfer calculation - but only when
there is laminar flow through the coiled HX.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

22 North Carroll Street - Suite 370