[TRNSYS-users] heating floor modeling with type 56 integrated component

Antoine Gautier antoine.gautier at solamen.fr
Thu Jun 2 04:43:21 PDT 2011

Dear all

I am trying to compare the results provided by the active layer model
integrated in Type 56 with manufacturer data.

Test case is simple.

·         Adiabatic walls without windows

·         No internal gains

·         No air flow rate (nor ventilation nor infiltration)

·         Infinite cooling power to maintain the ambient temperature at the
value used in manufacturer calculations (14°C)

·         Heating floor precisely parameterized according to manufacturer
specifications (loops number, water flow rate, conductivity of insulation,
etc.)

·         QALFL gives me the total emitted power and QCOOL the power emitted
to the zone

Below is the result of the comparison at stationary conditions (plus a
sensitivity perform in TRNSYS on pipe wall conductivity and loops number).

Manufacturer

TRNSYS

Conductivity W/m.K

-

0.35

0.45

0.35

Loops number

3

3

3

1

Total emitted power W

9564

7776

7850

7819

Zone emitted power W

8980

7185

7254

7225

Water outlet temperature °C

23.8

27.7

-

-

Ratio zone/total emitted power

94%

92%

92%

92%

Gap on zone emitted power / Man.

-

-20%

-19%

-20%

Does the gap between TRNSYS and manufacturer data fall within the model
uncertainty or does it seem too high to you ? (~20% on power emitted to the
zone)

Perhaps I missed something in my test case

Or would you have any other advice to reduce the discrepancy ? (giving the
fact that input data uncertainties are very small in my case since I have
the detailed manufacturer specifications)

Thanks a lot.

Regards

--

Antoine Gautier