[TRNSYS-users] Radiance to/from TRNSYS

Kent Beason kbeason at schlitterbahn.com
Fri Sep 17 08:24:18 PDT 2010

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am on the Radiance users list and the following question regarding TRNSYS was posted in that group.  I believe they want to control the window blinds & the zone's artificial lighting based on lumens entering the zone:

We want to simulate the lighting conditions in a building with the RADIANCE Software.
The Simulation depends on the natural and artificial light and the window blinds.
After this simulation, we want to send the results from RADIANCE to a simulation software called TRNSYS.

Here are my questions regarding this topic:
      Is it possible to couple RADIANCE with TRNSYS?
            Does RADIANCE only image-files (as output) produce?
            Have anybody of you, connect TRNSYS with RADIANCE successfully?
            And have you any tutorials or other useful documents/links?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Marion

Kent Beason