[TRNSYS-users] Controlling type11 flow diverter

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Sep 17 10:30:20 PDT 2010

<I am simulating a system where water coming from a cooling tower goes to
a type 11 flow diverter. I would like to control the diverter so that
whenever ambient temperature is less than setpoint ambient temperature,
outlet2 lets water flow through it. If ambient temperature is above
setpoint all water flows through outlet1. How could I do this? >

Use a simple block of equations to set the control signal based on the
ambient temperature:

Equations 2
T_setpoint=
Y_Diverter=GT(T_ambient,T_setpoint)

Then simply connect the Y_Diverter equation to the control signal input
for the Type 11 diverter valve.  Y_Diverter will have values of either 1
or 0 depending on the temperatures.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC