[TRNSYS-users] Simulation with Type655 air-cooled chiller

a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk
Wed Sep 8 17:48:16 PDT 2010

Hello, Duffy.

Thank you for your reply.  I think I am not addressing the problem properly.
With direct solar radiation on the condenser coil, the tube surface temperature
will increase.  Consequently, the condenser pressure (and hence the refrigerant
temperature) has to be higher in order to allow the refrigerant to cool down
when passing through the condenser coil.  As the component calculates the
chiller performance only by interpolating between data provided by the user,
the only way to account for this effect (I suppose) is to make suitable
adjustment to the ambient air temperature.  I do not mean that the solar
radiation will directly heat up the condenser air.

Best Regards
LEE, Chun Kwong