[TRNSYS-users] Strategy for sizing an storage or equipment up

Mavi Cambronero Vázquez maviqnk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 01:27:36 PST 2010

Hi everybody!

I have a question that maybe doesn´t have answer...

Is it possible to predict any result in trnsys?

I have the demand of a building (a profile) and I want to satisfy this
demand using a fixed producer (could be microcogeneration) with a deposit to
storage energy not used and make use of it when there is demand. What I´d
need to know is if there is any strategy to know the size of this fixed
producer (for example...5-10-15 kW....) if I limit the size of the storage
(for example....5-10-15 kW....) or viceversa, with a fixed producer if I
could know the optimal size of the storage, I mean without studying the
whole simulation, without simulating and analyzing the evolution of the
plot. I want to know if there is any relationship between these factors
(profile load, fixed producer and size storage).

Any answer will be welcome!

Thanks!

Best regards,

Maria